Monday, June 15, 2009

To-Do List + Opinions on blogowar

Gyahh I've been doing nothing but procrastinate for these past few months. Every day I wake up, bathe/eat, sit in front of the comp for about 4 hours, play my NDS, read a novel, eat, sleep, same cycle all over again. And I'm terribly ashamed to say that I haven't been keeping up with my resolution of practicing my instruments more (instruments being the piano and violin, no 'hehe' thoughts people!) even though I've been given all the time in the world. Here are a couple of things I'm forcing myself to do by the end of the month.

#1 : Upload the base piano instrumental version of 'Last Song' for VapourXY on YouTube. I feel so terribly bad - I've held it off for about 2 months now =\ Bad bad me >_< I promise to get it done by this week ._.

#2 : Get started on the ARASHI 10th Anniversary fan message project by Arashi_On. The deadline's some time next week O_O

#3 : Be able to play the whole Toccata in D Minor (the...Dracula theme song) decently by the end of this month. Gosh my LTCL exam is in half a year and I still can't play the full song! Also practice Jeux Deau. My life depends on it.

#4 : Draft out the program notes for my LTCL exam. Experience has told me that program notes can either make or break you. And thank God my notes for the ATCL examination received rather high marks.

#5 : Get started on the story I had in mind but just too darned lazy to write down.

Now that my 'list' is out of the way, I'm going to give my opinion on the (amusing) 'blogowar' (I prefer calling it a catfight) between Yumimi and Ann-Hime. The gist of the war is about smoking. Yumimi was trashing smokers, while Ann-Hime was justifying them. So there. Now, I personally know Yumimi and I've never even met Ann-Hime, and I think both of them have the right to rant all they want in their own blogs, but I must say Yumimi is being a tad bit extreme when she says that she'll break up with her boyfriend if he starts smoking. Well, it's her choice and she entitled to her opinion, but yeah. I still think it's a tad bit extreme.

And perhaps she just needs to calm down a little, she says she expected some sort of reaction from Ann-Hime but she isn't used to backlash, but really, if you trashed someone, you don't quite expect them to smile at you and say, 'Gee, thanks. That was reaaaallly nice of you to diss me back there. Now why don't I add in an extra cube of sugar in your tea and we can both laugh and smile about how you totally put me down in your post." Sorry, Yumimi, but you did sort of trash talk about some stuff I love in the past and so I'm telling you why people retaliate the way they do. So just chill out.

As for my opinion on smokers, I hate them. Inconsiderate cigarette smokers, at least. Boy oh boy, I wouldn't want to relive that time when I was helping my uncle out in his handphone shop and dozens of people walked past smelling like a whole barrel of smoke. Heck, some customers even puffed straight in my face without even having the decency to turn his head sideways. Dumb selfish idiots. No matter. Retribution still exists. However, people who choose to smoke already know the risks they're taking, yet still continue to do so. Fine by me. So as long as you do not drag me along to your early grave. If you want to smoke that badly, then please, do it some place where it would not affect others, for heaven's sake.

I would, however, be interested in pipe-smoking at least once in my life. Not as an addict, but just to experience the taste of tobacco. Apparently pipe-smoking poses less threat of contracting cancer (hey, I'm not saying it's safe, I'm saying that it's not as dangerous as cigarette smoking, according to what I've been reading online anyway) as long as you do not overdo it. And I won't be doing it any time soon (ARE YOU CRAZY DO YOU WANT MY PARENTS TO BEAT ME TO A PULP??!). I'm just really taken to the idea of pipe-smoking (it looks waaay cooler than waving a cigarette stick, IMO >P) and I'd really like to use a Kiseru (an old style Japanese smoking pipe) once :D (Ok fine so sue me for watching too much anime and thinking that they look cool.)


Kiseru


This ends my post. I hope I didn't quite offend anyone :P

2 comments:

Yumimi said...

I may be extreme but heck I don't wanna make out with a smoker @_@ Just imagine all the smoke you need to kiss... Okay nvm I'll stop @@

Eve said...

I wouldn't want to make out with a smoker too but I wouldn't break up with him right away if I really loved him (slim chance I'll ever find someone I really love anyway rofl). I'd give him some time to.... cope with his smoking issues? lol.