Monday, July 27, 2009

Finally an update.

Good grief I realised that I haven't been blogging for more than a week. I'm going back to those "dark ol' days" rofl. But the fact remains that my life has been so helplessly mundane that I have nothing to blog about. So here I am, posting about my KL trip 2 weeks ago which I held off for so long.

I took the 10.30am bus to KL with my mom, and this Indian woman was talking non-stop behind us! Imagine! From Butterworth to KL! On the phone, to her partner, yak yak yak non-stop. Thank goodness for MP3 players! (well, actually in my case it was my PSP but it's practically the same thing <3) My mom complained to me regularly though haha. We reached KL at about 4.00pm because the buses aren't allowed to go fast any more... Once there we took a LRT from Pudu to KLCC while waiting for my aunt to pick us up at Kerinchi station in the evening. KLCC, my FAVOURITE mall in Malaysia just because of KINOKUNIYA~! I swear all my moolah flows straight there =_= Mom told me to not dawdle and just choose the books that I want...hrm...ah well I'm not complaining, my dad actually told me NOT to go there (cause he knows I spend a bomb there =\)

I bought the July issue of Fool's Mate and Arena 37C, both featuring Gackt-sama XDDD He is the most beautiful man on earth...to me! Hey hey I know you have your own opinions! I was also contemplating whether or not I should buy Kuroshitsuji's TV animation 'Black Record' which costs RM104.40 (ouch). But then I remembered that I have my Daruma card, offering 28% off any book, which means I'll be able to buy it for RM75.20! So off the shelf it goes straight into my paper bag :D My purchases totaled to almost RM200 though... told you I spend a bomb there x_x Next, we went to grab a bite, and what better timing that to try out them sandwiches at Subway (no I have never eaten there prior) I enjoyed my meal, and also the soft chocolate-chip cookies :D After that, we went to Cold Storage (my favourite groceries store) where I FINALLY bought Pop Tarts (Geez I've been reading about them for the past ten years and I only get to try them NOW D:) and a bag of Cookie Monster cookies XD I'm now in love with Pop Tarts *__* Gotta get my supply when I head down to KL again next month haha.

The next day, I went to DaiCon (11th of July, held in MMU Cyberjaya) with Yumimi and Emily. I was pretty excited to go there, as the itinerary looked promising. However, I must say, I was slightly disappointed when I got there. The venue itself wasn't exactly strategic and rather hard to reach for non-KL-ites. The Doujin booths weren't exactly big in numbers, and you had to line up like mad to even view the KKnM stall (which I didn't do, seeing as how a mere cushion cover costs RM99.90...brr...) There weren't many cosplayers on the first day, I heard that more of them went on the second day. I didn't snap pictures of the cosplayers except for the Mario brothers (they were the most interesting ones to me of the day XD) and 3 Espadas. I forgot to snap a shot of Sebastian T_T Why oh why did I forget Sebastian T_T Apparently a group of people cosplaying Kuroshitsuji characters went on the second day... Sad :(

And the karaoke competition was... well, to put it nicely, like a failed audition of American Idol. There were some notable voices, don't get me wrong, but overall, yeah. (Why do I have the feeling that I'm gonna get bombarded by this statement? =_=) The solo cosplay competition was ruled by Mario and Dante (in my opinion, anyway. I still do NOT know who the winners are ._.) There was also a Maid Cafe to get food and drinks (duh), but as with the KKnM stall, you had to line up for a seat, so I didn't dine there (cause I wasn't feeling particularly hungry). At the end of the day I bought a Grell and Sebastian badge, and a few printings of Heise. I FRIGGIN REGRET NOT BUYING HER ARTBOOK DARN IT D: Oh please set up a booth in CF T_T Speaking of CF, the CF booth members announced that they were giving out free T-shirts in their booth, so I rushed there and managed to get one XD It's nice :D (Okay pics the next time. I haven't uploaded anything from my cam to my comp in ages o_O There. Sue me. *a ton of bills come crashing down on me* .__.)

Yumimi left rather early as she had to go to Church in the evening. Emily and I left after the cosplay competition, as Chihara Minori's Q&A session was up next. Since we didn't have tickets, there was not much point in us lingering around longer. We were... dreading the long walk down (It's a looooooooong way down from DaiCon's building to the main campus exit). We were sort of clueless as to the right way to the exit, so I asked a security guard for directions. I am forever pleased with my intuition (and lucky stars XP) because that nice pakcik (Malay term for 'uncle') offered to drive us to the exit, saving us a crapload of time and energy *__* Terima kasih banyak-banyak! (thank you very much) We then took a bus down to Putrajaya Central, and from there took another bus to Kelana jaya LRT station. Gosh on the way to Kelana Jaya the bus we were on had a minor accident where a car bumped into it ._. Freaky ._. But thank kami-sama we are safe ._.

We parted ways in Kelana Jaya - she boarded to LRT back to UM and I waited there for my uncle to pick me up. This is actually my first time taking public transportation (apart from a school bus, that doesn't count) alone with a friend, without my parents. Yes, yes, pathetic. But my dad is super over-protective -_- So yes I'm happy that I finally got a bit of freedom haha XD I kinda feel sorry for Yumimi who had to walk all the way down to the campus exit (but then again, why didn't she ask a security guard for directions? XP), take a cab to Putrajaya Central cause she couldn't wait for the bus, and then take an ERL to KL Central where she took an LRT back to UM. Ouch, think of how much that must've costed her =_=

And the next day, it was time to head back to Butterworth. My aunt brought us to 101 Mall before dropping us in Pudu though. I swear, I've been to 101 Mall for more times than I've been to Gurney Plaza or Queensbay Mall even though I'm supposed to be a Penang-ite =o= The new wing there has opened, but there still weren't that many shops haha. Ended up strolling in the old wing. All in all this trip was rather... bleak save for that wonderful time in KLCC lol. I didn't even make it to Times Square or Sungei Wang to check out the shops selling Harajuku-ish outfits T_T

Phew. Friggin long post. Will update with pics later on (hopefully >P)

4 comments:

danchan said...

nice to hear u enjoying urself in kl n esp at kinokuniya...i like dat bookstore too...u get a certain kind of feel when u r there...taking lifts fr strangers?...mmm...kena careful sikit lo...anyway hv a great trip to kl next mth:D

Eve said...

Hahaha thanks :) Btw Subway was nice, very fresh haha :)

Yumimi said...

Yes I spend more on transport than at DaiCon =_= My money is depleting like a flat tyre TOT My God HOW DO I GET MORE MONEY????? TOT

Jessica said...

*KINOKUNIYA* is my favourite too! I am so used to calling it *KooKooYo* for easier pronounciation :=D